POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : tori : Re: tori Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:31:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tori
From: Mark M  Wilson
Date: 22 Jan 2001 15:49:35
Message: <3a6c9cdf$1@news.povray.org>
I actually have not had any luck with /any/ of the techniques submitted
here.  (Everyone's responses are appreciated, nonetheless; this is not the
voice of ingratitude speaking )
The problem seems to come when I try and union or merge the two partial arcs
so that they form the characteristically Gothic ogival arch.  When I made
the actual archway, intersecting two inverse cylinders (or subtracting two
intersected cylinders from a 'box' ) was no problem.
I just can't get the tori to behave the same, because there is open space in
the middle.
I was at a concert in a Gothic-style chapel last night, and was getting
ideas about possibly trying to stack many prism objects, rotating them
around the edge of the arch...
I'm also researching options in a modeller, such as Blender, but have yet to
get up to speed on its UI.
Maybe I'm just too ambitious for a new user...

Thanks,
Mark